Military Trader

Go Back   militarytrader.co.uk > Forums > Re-enactment / Events Forum

Old 16th February 2015, 08:36

Default Reenactments in France

Hi,

as ask by one member after my presentation psot, here some pictures of some of my reenactments.

Official ceremony for the commemoration of the South France Landing of 15th August 1944 in 2008 :

1.jpg

2.jpg

Picture at Montrevel-en-Bresse in 2013 with the son of a US soldier who fight in this town in september 1944 :

3.jpg

During a public exhibition in 2008, I prepare my self as a US paratrooper as they are when they jumped in Normandy in June 1944. I wear about 50 kg. This picture was taken in front of a C-47 plane who have dropped the paratroopers the 6th june 1944 :

4.jpg

In mountain in 2009, in a uniform of US Mountain troops, trying to ski with original wooden ski and wooden ski sticks :

5.JPG
Old 16th February 2015, 08:41

Default more pics

During a public exhibition in 2014, in US Navy/US Marine Corps Pilot uniform (as used in Pacific area) in front of a Corsair fighter plane :

6.jpg

In 2009, in a reenactment camp for the public, wearing a scottish uniform from the Highland Light Infantry, City of Glasgow Regiment, First Brigade of the 52rd Lowland Mountain Scottish Division :

7.jpg

During a public exhibition in 2014, with two friends, a part of ours RAF camp as can see during the Battle of Britain :

8.jpg

During a public exhibition in 2014, with one friend and with the Manhattan Dolls, american singers who have just sing some Andrews Sisters tubes in front of a B-17 US bomber :

9.jpg

During a public exhibition in 2014, in a small french town, in RAF pilot and aircrew uniform :

10.jpg
Old 16th February 2015, 08:46

Default more ones

During an official ceremony the 28th September 2013 in Saint Georges d’Esperanche in the site of a crash of a RAF Halifax bomber the 16th September 1943 (all seven crews members died). I wear the uniform and the flying equipments that wear theses mens when they were shot down. The picture was taken in the monument for them, with some people of there families :

11.jpg

As a Halifax bomber crew member in September 2014, with the wool uniform under the leather sheep trousers and jacket for an official ceremony in Aubigny-la-Ronce in the crash site of an Halifax bomber the 11th September 1944 (4 crew members died and 2 lived). Some people of there famillies were presents :

12.jpg

During a public exhibition in 2014, in a Spitfire fighter of the 152rd RAF Sqaudron who fighted in Asia :

13.jpg

The tea time as South African Air Force member in August 2014 :

15.jpg
Old 16th February 2015, 08:49

Default 2 last pics

My friend and me (and a dog, our mascot for a week) before an official parade in South of France in August 2014 during for the commemorations of the South France Landing of 15th August 1944. We wear the dersert uniform as used by the pilots and crews members who support this landing (they fly from Italy and Corsica) :

14.jpg

Our RAF camp in August 2014, open for public, with two sorts of british tents, our RAF enseign, scramble bell (1940 dated) and some RAF fournitures, uniforms and documents :

16.jpg

It's some examples of what I made.

All the best

Remi
Old 16th February 2015, 15:11
Founder Member

Well just fantastic thats all I can say. You sure take this seriously.Im going to study the pictures and than reply properly
Old 17th February 2015, 16:16
MTUK

Excellent photos & gear you're wearing Remi!
Old 18th February 2015, 09:13

Absolutely Brilliant, fantastic to keep this era alive!
Old 18th February 2015, 09:26
Founder Member

Completely agree.
Old 18th February 2015, 16:51

Hi,

thanks for your comments.

All the best

Remi