Military Trader

Go Back   militarytrader.co.uk > MEDALS / ALL CAMPAIGN MEDALS / RESEARCH & RELATED TOPICS > Medal Forums > Medals 1914-39

Old 22nd January 2017, 18:12

Default Looking for W Devey's medals

My maternal grandfather Thomas William Devey served in the RAMC in WW1 and was awarded a set of medals. In later life he was also awarded the BEM for his service at the GPO.
I have recently discovered that his medals were listed for auction in Adelaide, South Australia, possibly at some date between 2000-2005. I give below the Auctioneers description:
“GB A FINE GROUP OF SIX British Empire Medal (Civil) Thomas Devey, 1914-15 Star, British Medal and Victory Medal (37831 Pte. T W Devey RAMC, Defence Medal (Unnamed as issued), Imperial Service Medal (GVIR) Thomas William Devey. First five swing mounted as worn and the last loose in case of issue. London Gazette confirms award of the BEM in the Kings birthday honours list 1946. Post Office stores dept. and the ISM 1951 as Birmingham Post Office supplies. A$ 600”
If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of my grandfather's medals I would be most grateful if they could contact me.