Military Trader

Go Back   militarytrader.co.uk > RAF WW2 / LUFTWAFFE & Other Aviation Forums > Aircraft Archaeology & Excavation

Old 27th May 2016, 08:11

Default location

right! i don't want to say exactly were it is because it will be rapped and everyone is going to go digging i will say it lies between Saint peters on the wall at Bradwell and the mouth of the river Crouch on the Dengie mud flats
Old 27th May 2016, 08:15

Default pedals

surely shouldn't we be looking at the pedals? can some one say for sure that they are from a plane?? yes the altimeter might be from a Military plane but could they have been used in a civilian plane?
Old 27th May 2016, 08:45

Default missing

one of the only records i did find was a Hurricane from 151 sqd was lost over the area but hurricane rudder pedals do not match mine nor do spitfire items as they were cast ally so they must be from a different type of plane?. When i say i have looked Online for pictures of rudder pedals i have looked!!!! thousands of pictures i have searched for Bakerlite pedals, civilian aircraft pedals, lost aircraft over Essex, crash sites on Dengie mud flats. When i say i have looked i have! twenty years nothing about the only thing i can say for sure is that it was a British made plane because of the Air ministry Altimeter. And it must be a crash site as the wreckage would not have just been dumped there as it is bloody miles from anywhere (we are talking a good couple of hours walk from were you park!)
Old 27th May 2016, 09:00

Default paper

The Dengie area has been written about Quite a lot and our local paper ran an story about the war in the area it lists all plane crashes German and British plus all V1 and V2 hits nothing mentioned about the area i found. It is a mystery one that has been in my head for twenty years its driving me mad look at what i have dug up all in one small area it all must be from the same craft those pedals were in what ever crashed every item i have is smashed so it must have hit hard please someone i really want to just find out what it was did anybody get killed!(i will say i have never found bones there and if i did i would stop digging and go tell someone)
Old 27th May 2016, 12:13

Default taboo subject

i find all this very odd to date this thread has had seventy plus people read it yet only two comments from admin(thanks ) is this a taboo subject? i would have thought the mere mention of an undiscovered crash site would have gotten loads of replies and comments
Old 27th May 2016, 18:08

Default i give up

pretty much a waste of my time posting all this **** on here
Old 28th May 2016, 09:28
Founder Member

Yes sorry mate.We use this site mainly for buying Militaria and advertising which produces some brilliant results.What the rest do is entirely up to them.
Old 10th June 2016, 11:07

Default RAF Altimeter

Hi Bob,
I am sure someone has told you by now but the RAF stores number 6A refers to Flying Instruments and the number 1588 is for Altimeters. To find out what the mark numbers are, you may have to go to the RAF Museum at Hendon and get booked in to the Library and ask to view the Stores Vocabulary of RAF Equipment. Air Publications 1086. You may find the nearest they have to WW2 is the 1950 list. This may help to identify what RAF aircraft they were fitted in.
Good luck
Ken (ex RAF)